Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Basis, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Basis is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life.
We have just closed our Series A funding round, so we're ready to grow. Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
This is your chance to join something special early and contribute to making a very real impact.
We're also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
As our Senior Verification Engineer, you will be helping us to extend our capabilities with your excellent testing skills and guidance. We have an existing small team, functional products, test setups, and scripts - and we need to build on those to deliver a test solution that accelerates our products to market.
You'll be working with a growing and well-funded business, developing exciting new products in our new design labs. We have a desire for world-leading capability to achieve our dreams, and verification testing is a critical part of that!
Some of the things that you might be involved in during your first few months include:
- Strategy: Develop resource and time-efficient strategies for rapidly implementing scalable and sustainable test infrastructure.
- Specify: Collaborate with design chapters to determine the requirements for test equipment and input into design reviews to ensure test requirements are captured in the design
- Analysis: Provide quality metrics from testing to design chapters through data analysis and test results, and trends.
- Communicate: Transfer information and findings from testing and data analysis across the organisation in ways that make the information easily accessible to all audiences.
- Design: Perform the conceptual and detailed design of test equipment and solutions
- Build: Make test equipment, including mechanical components/assembly; electrical components/connections; connections to sensors and data capture hardware; and write code/UI to operate the test equipment/procedures using Python.
For more information about the tasks and duties, please click here to view a job description.
Please note: this role will be based in Christchurch as that is where our lab equipment is based.
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if you have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or above in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience in testing or verification engineering, preferably in the electrical or electronics industry. Note: we would also consider someone who had experience in verification in a design-led role who was interested to specialise in testing
- Experience working with, and making, electrical circuits (both DC and AC)
- Experience with testing systems across Mechanical, Electrical or Embedded Engineering
- Experience using electrical lab equipment such as dataloggers, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
- Ability to write code in Python, including interfacing with lab equipment
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet ~ 60% of the job criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to apply only when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but are not sure you check every box, we still want to hear from you 🙌
- A competitive salary
- Hybrid work culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you
- Great new headphones when you join
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year (board games, knife throwing, escape rooms, what's next?)
- Office dogs
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- A $200 contribution towards your work from home set up
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
We’d love to hear from you! No need to submit a cover letter - just click 'apply' to answer a few short questions of ours (we find this gives us more insight) and attach your CV.
If you have any questions about the role, fire them over to Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org 😅 No agencies please!