Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Basis, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we need to decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Basis is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life.
We have just closed our Series A Capital Raise so we're well funded and ready to grow. Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
We're also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
We are looking for a self-starting and entrepreneurial Strategic Sourcing Manager to lead Sourcing at Basis and build our future supply chain. You will report directly to the COO and be one of the first hires into the team. There is a huge remit to shape the future of our supplier relationships and ensure that we can bring our game-changing to market in a fast, high-quality, and cost-effective way.
Sourcing at Basis entails both electronics components and contract manufacturing services, and the ideal candidate has experience with both. You will also work closely with other teams, including hardware and software, to support them and manage the trade-offs that sourcing options can present for other teams. Finally, you'll build processes from scratch (with support from others) and give input that will shape our future systems.
Expect challenging work in a fast-paced environment, and the opportunity to be in a highly visible role!
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Developing Supply Chain strategy - work with other teams to help determine which activities should be outsourced and which should be managed directly
- Supplier identification, evaluation, and selection and ongoing relationship management
- Contract negotiations to ensure we are getting the best value for money and optimising our costs
- Supplier performance management and quality assurance
- Process development - helping to build our supply chain, sourcing and operations processes and key interfaces to other parts of the business
For more information, see the job description here.
Please note: we would prefer a candidate based in Auckland or Christchurch for this position as this will allow you to closely integrate with the wider team and work with stakeholders. Easy airport access is also important for travel to suppliers as needed.
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if you have then following:
- A tertiary qualification in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or a related field
- At least 5 years experience in sourcing or procurement-related roles, ideally in categories with technical requirements
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities at once
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to build trust and rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
Some nice to haves include:
- Experience sourcing both inputs/components and services, e.g. contract manufacturing
- Experience with electronics is highly desirable
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet ~ 60% of the job criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to apply only when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but are not sure you check every box, we still want to hear from you 🙌
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments
- Great new headphones when you join
- A $200 one-off work from home payment
- Access to Clearhead; our employee wellbeing programme which gives you 5x free sessions with a psychologist per year
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year (ziplining, knife throwing, lawn games, what's next?)
- Office dogs
We’d love to hear from you! No need to submit a cover letter - just click 'apply' to answer a few short questions of ours (we find this gives us more insight) and attach your CV.
If you have any questions about the role, fire them over to Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org